Offering Steadfast, Proven Counsel Throughout The Northern Plains

Wrongful Death

Wrongful Death And Catastrophic Injuries

The negative consequences of wrongful death reverberate in the lives of surviving family members, whether the victim is a breadwinner or a young child. If you have lost someone you love in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you owe it to your family to seek rightful compensation.

We have assisted many families in wrongful death cases, involving:

  • Car accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Truck and 18-wheeler accidents
  • Construction site accidents
  • Medical device failures
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Oil field accidents
  • Airplane crashes
  • Premises liability accidents
  • Defective product cases
  • Boating accidents
  • Hunting accidents

By law, when someone dies due to the negligence of another in North Dakota, there are two types of wrongful death damages. First, our laws allow family members or representatives to bring a claim for the damages the deceased could have pursued had they survived. For example, any medical expenses or pain and suffering your loved one may have endured prior to their death are compensable. Second, our law firm allows family members to bring a claim against those at fault for their losses. In other words, the grief of losing a spouse or a child, the loss of financial support and the loss of companionship suffered by the survivors are also compensable.

We understand the difficulty associated with a wrongful death: concerns about children’s futures, loss of income and more. We work diligently to make sure our clients are taken care of.

In addition to wrongful death, we also represent the families of those who were in accidents and suffered catastrophic injuries. These cases are painful to initiate, but in the end, they facilitate healing and aid in achieving closure for family members.

For compensation, call a firm with the talent and the track record to succeed for you. Contact the Bismarck wrongful death lawyers at Schweigert, Klemin & McBride, P.C., at 701-864-3763.